Join us at Villa Rey for a veritable feast of flavors, both traditional and innovative in our specially prepared Italian cooking experience. In collaboration with a well-respected Italian chef, famous wine cellars, and local artisanal producers, we present an exclusive Umbrian gourmet package that includes:
- 7 NIGHTS in a well-appointed double room at the Villa
- 6 DINNERS with a 5-course tasting menu expressly designed for you by our chef
- VINEYARD AND WINE TASTING TOUR WITH A GUIDE AT A RENOWNED CANTINA
- 1/2 DAY COOKING CLASS WITH LUNCH BY CHEF SALVATORE DENARO
- EXPLORE A SAFFRON FARM IN THE FAMED CITTA' DELLA PIEVE Discover how a color became a flavor! In medieval times saffron was already being used in the painting of frescoes for shades gold, find out how it came to be one of the worlds most precious and sought after tastes by visiting "Azienda Agricola" belonging to the "Consortium of Saffron Città della Pieve." (Time your trip for October to coincide with the annual saffron celebration!)
- TOUR AN ITALIAN COFFEE ROASTER Oscar Belardi founded his ‘torrefazione’ in 1928, he was among the first in Umbria to acquire the special type of "roaster” used in his workshop in Tavernelle di Panicale. Today his son Benvenuto prepares coffee beans using the same ritual passed down from his father using his exacting standard for excellence.
DATE AND PRICE UPON REQUEST